BY: Ntsako Mathye / DATE: August 2019
DATE OF NEXT REVIEW: August 2023
Oats has always been a popular choice in many South African homes. At FUTURELIFE® we offer you all the benefits of oats plus more with our FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains. Here’s how we do it:
THE MORE GRAINS THE BETTER
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains is the first and only scientifically formulated oats with a blend of 5 whole grains, including steel cut oats and ancient grains, combined for their inherent goodness. Each grain is carefully prepared to retain its whole grain properties and variety of fibres. The grains are namely:
- Oats: One of the few grains to contain beta-glucans, a fibre known to assist in the management of blood glucose levels and cholesterol reduction.
- SmartMaize™: Through a FUTURELIFE® exclusive cooking process, this whole grain maize retains more of its nutritional value and fibre, keeping you fuller for longer.
- Rice: Ground down to a fine powder, this ancient grain provides both energy and a unique smoother texture to an otherwise characteristically textured meal.
- Sorghum: One of the top five most important cereal crops grown in the world, this nutrient rich ancient grain provides a much-loved texture and taste.
- Quinoa: Packed with all the essential amino acids, this is one of the few ancient grains naturally to provide a complete protein1.
PACKED FULL OF NUTRIENTS
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains contains 43 nutrients, a source of protein and is also high in dietary fibre to help with digestion and absorption of nutrients.
PROTEIN FOR THE WIN
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains is a source of naturally derived protein as well as 19 Amino Acids. Protein at breakfast has been shown to have many nutritional benefits such as controlling satiety and making better food choices during the day2.
Many instant oats products contain a large amount of sugar. The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that adults with a normal BMI (18.5-24.9 kg.m²) reduce sugar intake to below 10% of their daily energy needs. This equates to no more than 50g (12.5 teaspoons) per day3.
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains offers a 38% reduction in sugar. FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains has been formulated to contain just 4.7 g of sugar per 50g versus 7.6 g in a 50g serving of Smart Oats®.
FORMULATED WITH MODUCARE®
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains has been formulated with MODUCARE®, a daily immune supplement made from a patented blend of natural plant sterols and sterolins, in a clinically proven ratio of 100:1. MODUCARE® is supplied exclusively to FUTURELIFE® under licence from Aspen Pharmacare.
TASTY AND CONVENIENT
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains comes in four delicious flavours: Original, Chocolate, Honey and Mixed Berries. It is available in a 500g family pack as well as a convenient family pack of 10 pre-portioned sachets and individual 50g serving sachets. FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains saves you time as you can enjoy it instantly with boiled water.
IT’S FOR EVERYONE.
FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains is naturally free from soy, wheat, lactose, tree nuts, cholesterol and trans fatty acids. It can be enjoyed by everyone in the family from the age of 4 years upwards.
With so many options out there, you surely want to make the best choice for your family, and it couldn’t be any easier with FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains. The next time you are buying oats remember to look out for FUTURELIFE® Smart Oats® and Ancient Grains- everything in life has changed, why haven’t your oats?
- Mahan, L., Escott-Stump, S., & Raymond, J. (2012). Krause’s Food & the Nutrition Care Process 13th Edition. Elsivier.