- 1. RESIDENTIAL INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME: This program provides scientific, life skills and athlete support to nominated elite athletes. The Residential IAP Programme has been launched with the objective of retaining top sport-achievers in the province. Through the Residential Programme, ECAS is offering a comprehensive service which covers various aspects in the sport science and related fields. To qualify for this programme, athletes are required to meet the academic qualifying standards for any of the degrees/diplomas offered by NMU. Academic acceptance is a pre-requisite in order to qualify for the programme.
There are Currently 5 Athletes on the Residential Programme.
Athletes who are on the Residential IAP Programme receives the following Services From ECAS:
- Individual Athlete-Residential Programme Contract.
- Medical Support(Doctor, Physio, Sport Massage, Chirotherapy)
- Accommodation and Meals at NMU Hostel
- Nutritional Guidance and Education (Futurelife)
- Sport Equipment and Kit
- Travel and Accommodation
- Gym Membership
- NMU Sports Bursary
- Coaching and training facilities
- Video Analysis
- Life Skills, mentoring and monitoring
- Sport Psychology