1. Individual Athlete Programme (IAP)
- Individual Athlete Programme (IAP) – Elite : Residential :This program provides scientific, life skills and athlete support to nominated elite athletes. The Residential IAP Programme has been launched with the objective of retaining top sport-achievers in the province. Through the Residential Programme, ECAS is offering a comprehensive service which covers various aspects in the sport science and related fields. To qualify for this programme, athletes are required to meet the academic qualifying standards for any of the degrees/diplomas offered by NMMU. Academic acceptance is a pre-requisite in order to qualify for the programme.
There are Currently 5 Athletes on the Residential Programme.
Athletes who are on the Residential IAP Programme receives the following Services From ECAS:
- Individual Athlete-Residential Programme Contract.
- Medical Support(Doctor, Physio, Sport Massage, Chirotherapy)
- Accommodation and Meals at NMMU Hostel
- Nutritional Guidance and Education (Futurelife)
- Sport Equipment and Kit
- Travel and Accommodation
- Gym Membership
- NMMU Sports Bursary
- Coaching and training facilities
- Video Analysis
- Life Skills, mentoring and monitoring
- Sport Psychology
Athletics – High Performance Squad : Sprinting: – A squad of+- 17 athletes’ forms part of the Sprinting Squad, specializing in 100m, 200m and 400m. Athletes are monitored regularly and annual recruitment is performed to replace athletes not meeting the required standards.. ECAS assigns an expert athletics Sprinting Coach to oversee the overall coordination and development of athletes and coaches. Apart from periodical Training Camps, the mentor coach as performs distance monitor of athletes on a weekly basis.
Athletics – High Performance Squad : Middle Distance: The programme was initiative taken by the Academy to assist the Eastern Cape in unearthing and developing raw athletic talent in all 8 Districts. Local Coaches at district level forms part of the programme and receives guidance by specialist coaches during provincial training camps.
A total of +-19 Athletes forms part of the Elite Squad. . Athletes are monitored regularly and annual recruitment is performed to replace athletes not meeting the required standards. ECAS assigns an expert athletics Sprinting Coach to oversee the overall coordination and development of athletes and coaches. Apart from periodical training camps, the mentor coach as performs distance monitor of athletes on a weekly basis.
Netball – High Performance Squad: This project is in full collaboration with Eastern Cape Netball, with a vision of developing national calibre players. The programme has adopted a strategy that will create a development pathway for identified players that represent the province at u/19, u/21, and senior level.
A total of +-15 netball players form part of the Elite Squad.